
After being sick for almost 2 weeks I finally was able to put a post together and join
Abby for a
Handmade Christmas. Over the past few years I have slowly done more and more handmade gifts. This year I want most of my gifts to be handmade. So here it goes......
Pickles
This is the first time I have ever made pickles and I am looking forward to giving them to family for part of the gift baskets I want to do. I am hoping to find some fabric at the thrift shop to use to make them look more festive. When I do I will post the pictures of the finished product. I would not of used such big jars for some of them but it is what I had left after the other things I made... which I will tell you about in the weeks to come.

Ezra loves helping in the kitchen. Every project I do or any meal I cook he is right there helping. I love it!!

He enjoyed the fact that he put the cucumbers in the pot for me. He worked so fast at it I could not keep up. He would get a bit frustrated and say "mommy hurry"

This is the mix of cucumbers and onions I used for the bread and butter pickles. I love bread and butter pickles but some people don't so I also made dill.

These are the finished dill pickles. I was not planning on making them but when talking with someone that I am going to be giving some to they said they did not like any kind of sweet pickles. I did not have fresh dill or dill seed. I only had dill weed and I am afraid that the pickles are not going to be very good. The dill weed did not settle and it it all over the pickles. They will have to let me know what they think. I won't be eating any.... I don't like dill pickles.

These are the finished bread and butter pickles!!! They seem to have come out well. I have not tasted them yet because the need to sit for a month for them to be good and ready. I can't wait to eat them.
2 comments:
This looks like fun! I like the pic. of Ezra helping. I'm sure everyone will appreciate and enjoy this gift!
Very fun! It is fun to have children that like to help in the kitchen. I enjoyed reading about his wanting you to hurry up.
I have never made pickles either, so far I have never had an abundance of cucumbers but someday I hope to make them!
I think those are a cool idea for Christmas gifts. I will look forward to seeing your other plans for the gift baskets.
The baskets that I told about will be perfect for that! They aren't hard to make but I suppose each one takes a couple of hours to put together. If you decide to do a bunch it would probably make sense to weave them and then paint and seal them all in one batch.
Thanks very much for linking up!
Post a Comment