Swidget 1.0

Monday, September 13, 2010

Silas Aaron

20 days old!



This was taken one day before he was born.

I was due to have the baby an August 12th and had no idea what I was having. At my last appointment on Tuesday the 10th the Midwife told me I would not have the baby this week and would see me next Tuesday. I thought.... I don't want to be here next Tuesday. Well I was not. On Thursday my kidney stones started acting up again and I did not get any sleep Thursday night. So I called my midwife to let her know about it. They had me come in and check to see if I was in labor and I was not. They gave me some pain meds and had me rest. At noon time my midwife came to see me and checked me and I was a 2 which as of Tuesday I was nothing. She said she did not think I would have the baby that weekend. Well I was still in pain and they gave me more pain meds in the afternoon and said Bruce should plan on picking me up after work (he got out at 7). They did not want me to drive. Well at 4:30 I called Bruce and said I think I might be in labor and to call his boss so he could leave. When he got there I was getting an ultrasound of my kidneys. The tec was going crazy. She could not believe they would send me over when my contractions were 1 1/2 mins apart. I thought well I am in the hospital and the OB is just around the corner. So just after 5pm they admitted me and checked me again...I was a 4. So we walked down to the delivery room and I got sick... ugh I thought I did not want to do this the whole time again It only happened one time and I was so glad. I decided to try an epidural again... which did not work when I had Ezra. Well I got it and it did not work this time either. They checked me again at 7 and I was a 9. My labor moved very fast. I did not get past a 9 and I pushed for 3 LONG hours. The anesthesiologist said because I have scoliosis is most likely why the epidural did not work for me. The curve in my spine is right in the epidural zone.

So at 10:28pm on Friday August 13th Silas Aaron was born. He was 7lbs 14oz and 20in long. He did not have a name until he was 4 days old!


30 mins old
Sorry the picture is not that great. I had to crop it because it was not a very modest picture.


2 hours old


Sleeping Baby.... 3 hours old


My Mom and Ezra meeting the baby! 12 hours old


15 hours old


15 hours old


Bruce was sick when I had Silas and he had just took some medicine.


Bruce's Mom and Dad meeting the baby


Ezra holding Baby Brother for the first time.


Proud Big Brother!


Sleeping Baby


My newest Love


Happy Mommy!!


Getting dressed to go home. 5 days old


Going home. We tried to get Ezra in the picture but he just kept crying and would not stand near us. We still don't have a family picture yet.

1 comment:

Abbi said...

Congratulations! He looks very sweet!