
The week started by me telling Bruce's Dad we had a surprise for him toward the end of the week. The first surprise was Lance, Barbie and Alex flew in late Wednesday night. Thursday morning we showed up at Dad and Mom's house with this surprise. Bruce's Dad was in shock. He could not believe they were here.
The next surprise was that Trudy and her family flew in Thursday night. We had planned a birthday dinner for Friday night and Trudy and her family were going to show up there as the next surprise but they did not want to wait. Thursday night Dad had a bible study and was waiting for Mom to get home. He headed out and then 2 minuets later they all showed up. I called him to come back home. When he walked in he was a bit frustrated because he was going to be late for his study but that soon changed when he saw Trudy and her family.
So we had the birthday dinner as planned on Friday night to cover for the Surprise party I planned for Saturday. Dad's only question was where was Joey and Rose? Well I had a cover for that. Bruce works all weekend and he was able to come to dinner on Friday night and could not on Saturday night. I told him they could not make it until late Friday and would spend the rest of the weekend. with us.
Saturday Dad had to go to work and did not really want too. He asked his boss if he could get out early but he said no.-(That was part of our plan. His boss was going to let him out early). So Bruce was working with his client and happened to be in N. Conway when his boss said he could go home. So Bruce picked him up and Brought him to Mom's office.-(Which was above where we had the party) He asked Dad to have a cup of coffee with them and he said yes. That is how we got him to his party. He was so surprised. I invited all of his family and people form the churches in the NE. We had a great turn out.


1 comment:
Hey! don't feel bad I haven't blogged in forever either. I love the new picture of your family!
Post a Comment