Swidget 1.0

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Super Savings Saturday

I thought I would join in on Super Saving Saturday this week. Over at Money Saving Mom she does this every week.

At Shaw's they had great deal on General Mills products, Buy 10 get $10 to use on you next purchase. they also had a deal if you bought 4 boxes of Kellogg's cereal you got a free gallon of milk. I really needed the cereal and Milk. The soup was an added bonus. The store was out of a few things I was going to buy(GM products) so I ended up buying more junk food than I almost ever buy, I will be giving a lot of it away! The I went shopping on Thursday night and this is what I bought.

24- cans of soup Healthy Choice and Progresso
15- boxes of cereal
8- BC Warm Delights
4- Nature Vally granola bars (boxes)
4- Grands Biscuit
4- BC brownie mixes
3- Pillsbury sweet rolls
2- Pillsbury crescent rolls
2- BC cookie mixes
2- BC frosting's
2- Toaster Strudel's
2- gallons of milk
1- bottle of water

Total cost: $187.54
Total after coupons and sales: $31.78
Savings of: 155.78
I have $20 left to use on my next purchase.

I did seven different transactions. I ended up spending more than I planned. If I was able to do the transactions how I wanted I would have only spent about $15 and had $10 left for next time.

1 comment:

Abbi said...

What a lot of food! Great job Melissa!