Swidget 1.0

Monday, August 18, 2008

WHAT IS THIS???

We got home from camp and our tomato plants looked like they were dieing. We had rain while we were gone so they had enough water. I was trimming the dead stuff off and saw these bugs on my plants. I guess this is what is killing my plants. Does anyone know what they are??

3 comments:

Katie said...

nope can't help you there. I know if you toast egg shells and sprinkle them around your plants slugs will kill themselves as they climb over them. But I don't know about that one. Can you put a bug spray on your tomatoes? Honestly I have never grown my own vegetables so I don't really know much.

Bridgett said...

Those are tomato hornworms. I hope they didn't destroy all of your tomatoes. I am thinking of doing vegetables next year but I think the woodchucks and rabbits around here would eat them all.

Abbi said...

How sad! I have never seen a worm like that before.