Swidget 1.0

Friday, June 6, 2008

Starting to save money!!! Thanks to Bridgett.

Bridgett has been an encouragement to me on saving money. I started o few months ago but did not continue. I really need to follow through this time. She sent me a link to a web site with lots of info about saving money. http://www.moneysavingmom.com/
I am going to try very hard to use the tool I have found and save money!!


This shopping trip was to Walmart.
Item's Cost: $14.59 (before coupons)
OOP: $0
Made: $0.41




This was my CVS shopping trip.
Items cost: $96.62 (before sales and coupons)
ECB earned: $41.47 (between 5 transactions)
OOP: $11.80



This trip was not so cheep. Shaws had these items on sale 10 for $10. You don't have to buy 10 to get the deal. Most people around here think you do. The laundry soap I got at Hannafords when I was picking up something for a friend. It was last minute and kinda impulsive. I did still get a good deal on it because most laundry soap is going to ultra concentrate.
Items cost: $100.48 (before sales and coupons)
OOP: $25.61

Cost of items: $211.69

Total savings: $174.69

Total OOP: $37.00

3 comments:

Bridgett said...

Great job Melissa! Exhilarating isn't it.

Katie said...

Wow! I am going to keep that in mind when we come back! That would be pretty nifty to be able save so much money.

Trudy Osborn said...

This whole thing really confuses me...I can't figure it out.